Sunday, July 15, 2012

Is Google Making Us Stupid?


I thought this essay was extremely relatable with some arguments. I can agree that my concentration also starts to drift off after two or three large pages of text. I couldn't help but have this phrase continuously echo through my mind as I tried to get through all seven pages of text. I found that this essay brings up a largely debatable topic that most adults are facing today.

 I have to agree that the way people are thinking and operating is always changing. I feel that it all depends on what you are raised with and what you are most comfortable with. The growing age of young adults simply has the advantage of growing up with super advanced technology and the ability to adapt to new technology relatively quickly.

As I was reading this essay, my phone vibrated indicating I had a new message. The message was from another classmate who had asked what the essay I was reading was about. It was then that it dawned on me that the current age of young adults is only give 160 characters to write the exact same information a seven page essay explained. I have a feeling that this may have something to do with the argument. The young adults are always trying to find a faster way to get right to the point in the new media messaging. I personally like this. I like it when people can be straight forward and get right to the point.

 After finishing this essay, I had to stop and ask myself what the problem really was? In my opinion, it is not Google that is making us stupid. It is the human error that people are becoming so frustrated with. If Google put out a short informational video on how to better search what one is looking for, then I have a feeling people would find exactly what they want faster.    

No comments:

Post a Comment